10.03.2010

I have to think of a title? Crap.

This might be a little easier for me, because I am by nature a very laid-back person (and, by many people's accounts, very boring). However, I still believe it is important. What I am asking is this - slow down a bit. Did you know that one of the leading causes of heart disease in America is high blood pressure? Did you also know that it has been shown that in remote villages around the world, blood pressure is significantly lower than in America? These people have to deal with the stresses of disease, hunger, and wild animals, and their blood pressure is lower! The reason is simple - we move too quickly. In the villages in the middle of the jungle, time is not a factor. There is no rush to be at work, no appointments to keep, things of that sort. General wisdom has always seemed to find a place for a slower pace, from "Be still and know that I am God," to "In stillness the world is restored." In the world today, it is apparently very hard to slow down. I, for one, am a huge advocate of a slower lifestyle. Whether this be due to the blood pressure risks or laziness, I'm not sure yet. What I do know is that the times when I am in the most hurry are usually the times I'm enjoying the little things in life least. And I always try to follow Rule #32 - Enjoy the little things. My name is Caleb Osborne, and I approve this message.

p.s. - I just bought the new Lissie album "Catching a Tiger." I would highly recommend Lissie to anyone and everyone. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoy reading my boy spit gold on his blogs, but I am not rushing out to buy a cd by Lissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't say rush out to buy it. I believe if you read closely enough, you would know I would encourage you to buy it at your leisure. She's good.

    ReplyDelete