10.15.2013


Here are a few I wrote today. Nothing special. Enjoy.

"College Acceptance"

The mail! The mail! It's finally arrived!
The moment of truth is here, it's now, the moment of my life!

They said 3 weeks, but it's actually been 24 days, 17 hours.
But it's here now, all is forgiven, my mood is far from sour.

What a moment, what a joy, the college of my dreams! 
We were a match made in Heaven, the perfect pair, it seems.

Volunteer work and leadership roles, top of my class in school.
All that hard work, now I can attend this very prestigious school.

The interviews came and I wowed with my charm, I knew they couldn't say no.
I could see myself ten years down the road, doctor or lawyer or CEO.

I tear open the envelope, unfold the letter for a view.
 I take a deep breath and read, "Dear Applicant: We regret to inform you..."

Wait, what did that line just say?! Surely not what I think!
My eyes must be playing tricks on me, so I blink and blink and blink.....

But I open my eyes and the words are still there,
it was almost too much to bear.
I couldn't believe the choice they had made, 
my dreams of glory began to fade:
Rejection, clear as day.
I stand up straight and say in a loud voice, 
"Good thing this wasn't my first choice.
This school's certainly not for me,
there are bigger fish in the sea,
I didn't want to go there anyway."

"Couplet"

This couplet's artistic and edgy because
it doesn't rhyme.

"Limerick"

There once was a man in Hades
who had asked permission to sneeze.
The devil said no,
but still he let blow,
and gave Hell a refreshing breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment