11.08.2009

El Primero Bloggo

I decided to start writing a blog. Side note, if I ever hear you call me a "blogger" you will earn yourself a lightning-quick chop to the windpipe. But I digress... I have had people encourage me to start a blog over the past few years and never have because I figured nobody would read it and it would be a huge waste of time. Three people in particular said that would not be the case and assured me they would read every post. These people are my mom, my sister Whitney, and Tyler Erwin. That being said, I expect all three of you to read this stinking blog seven times a day. I have no idea what I'm going to write about. The topics may be very random and often they won't make any sense at all. That's ok. The people at Blogspot tell me I can do what I want with this blog. And so I will. Now that you have the backstory on this blog, I'll get to the meat of this first post. When is the last time you sat down and thanked God? Not like "Thanks for the food, amen" but sat down for an extended period of time and thanked Him for everything He has done? Numerous times throughout the Bible there are people struggling and God basically says "Remember what I've done and you'll be alright." It sounds so simple, but we forget. Sit down sometime and just thank Him. Don't ask for a thing, just look back on your life and thank Him for what He's done. It puts things in perspective.

p.s. - This reminds me, sometimes I will write about spiritual things and what I believe, but this isn't meant to be a religious blog by any means. It's just that I think about these things and that sometimes shows in what I write. If you don't agree with my beliefs, that's perfectly ok. I hope you like what I write anyway.

5 comments:

  1. First: I am glad that you have decided to a blog as it gives me the opportunity to comment on your thoughts, though as mentioned many times before I can not live up to the level of the '32'...... but you will hear what I think.

    Second: I'm lovin the first blog. I know personally I do not thank him enough. Sure I bless the food when we sit down to eat, but even part of that is simply to make myself feel better that i carried out the task that i feel obligated to accomplish.
    I also love the "Remember what I've done and you'll be alright". So often we sing, "Your grace is enough! Your grace is enough!" Is it enough for me? Is it enough for you? It should be. So often we get angry at God when we pray for something and do not get it, is His grace not enough?

    Amen brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Lookin forward to reading the comments..... I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a blogger. Get used to it.

    You can't make me read this thing 7 times a day if you're only going to update once a day.

    Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping him move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load [stuff] into a truck.

    -Love, Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's going to drive me crazy if you don't write something daily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its about time
    love erwin

    ReplyDelete